Saturday, February 12, 2011

Vihno Sem Rival - a white wine cocktail

Since it's been such an unconscionably long time since I've posted, I'm just going to keep typing as if it were yesterday that I last did..... as the frango na pùcara simmers away on the stove I was able to mix something probably more appropriate for a spring/summer cocktail than mid-February, but why not plan ahead? Also, Vihno Verde is a central player in both drink and dinner so I'm covered either way. 


Here's the drink:


1 part Rémy Martin Champagne Cognac
2+ parts Vihno Verde Branco
1/2 part St Germain Elderflower 
2 dashes Fee Bros Old Fashioned Cask-Aged Bitters


Combine all in a shaker with generous amount of ice. Shake. Drain into chilled cocktail glass.


Garnish with orange peel (feel free to experiment here, but I would caution against lemon or lime as the Vihno Verde is plenty tart).
Saude!

No comments:

Post a Comment